5th Annual Southern Hands Artist Studio Tour • November 11 & 12
Deadline for Artist Applications May 30th
Southern Hands Artist Studio Tour (SHAST) would like to invite you to be part of a growing South Metro Atlanta event. SHAST is a juried event.
NEW in 2017
· SHAST expanded to include studio locations in Coweta County.
· Increased Guest Artist Opportunities: Artists throughout the state and those in Fayette and Coweta who do not have studios are eligible to showcase and demonstrate their art as guest artists at participating studios in the two counties.
· No charge to visitors.
· Triple the amount of advertising throughout metro Atlanta and the state
· Addition of many new social media outlets (Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter) to exponentially increase the reach to potential buyers and visitors.
· We will be filming artists in their studios doing demos, talking about their art and posting them on our new YouTube channel, our website and our various social media outlets.
· We have set up a group on Facebook for SHAST artists to post art for sale year-round. We are aggressively adding new potential buyers.
· New, updated website which now includes blogs, continually updated information, and, as always, a page for each artist with links to your web sites and social media, plus your contact information.
SHAST was started by local ceramic artist Andrea Boswell to showcase the wonderful artists in the region, to educate those curious about the creative process and to inspire future artists. Artists open their studios to the public for a rare behind-the-scenes glimpse of how they make their unique art.
Artists demonstrate, sell, sign up new people for their classes and more. All types of art are eligible although we do limit the number of artists in each category. The variety of art covers the spectrum to include painting, fused glass, weaving, metal, ceramics, jewelry, woodturning, fabric art, photography and mixed media.
Last year visitors came from Tallapossa, Vinings, Marietta, Woodstock, Carrollton, and, of course, the south metro area. We want this to become an event people put on their calendar, travel to from surrounding states and stay overnight.
SHAST is held the 2nd weekend in November each year. Visitors are provided a map and may start at any studio. Along with art, information and fun, guests enjoy a variety of refreshments at each studio. Some local restaurants and sponsors offer special discounts to SHAST visitors (we are working hard to expand these perks for SHAST attendees).
To learn more about SHAST visit the new, updated website, www.SHASTour.com, follow along on Twitter: @shastga, Facebook: artstudiotourga, or sign up for SHAST Blasts on the website.